Tuesday, January 23, 2007

password?

I suppose it's time for another update, since the numbering system went over well, I think I will stick with it for now:
1. I had to change my e-mail password and apparently made a typo so now I can't log in unless I make the same typo (which I was able to do a couple times, but not recently and not when I am trying to change the password). I used another e-mail service to contact the UPS help desk to see if they will help me. But for now, no e-mail for me.
2. I went to go to my sociology of immigration class at the university of Nantes but another class was in the room. Apparently it dosen't start until next week. I was supposed to know this by looking at the bullitin board and finding the note. Of course to do that I had to determine which of about 10 bullitin boards was for sociology and which of about 25 pieces of paper was about my class. But now I know.
3. I am knitting a scarf. It is a lot more complicated than anything I have knitted before. It involves cableing and fancy stitches. My host mom is helping me get started.
4. On saturday I went shopping at this mall on the outskirts of the town because we thought it would be less expensive. It was less expensive, but about all of france had the same idea. It was like going to the mall on the day after thanksgiving. I bought some gloves that are really nice.
5. On Sunday almost all the stores are closed so I went to the park that is near my house. It is huge! And apparently the thing to do on sundays is go to the park. There were little kids and old couples and dogs and people playing games! It was so cool, one of my favorite things that I have done yet.
6. Emily, the pervious study abroad student, was only here for the weekend and she ended up getting really sick with some kind of stomach flu. But it sounds like she will be back frequently.
7. I found out that my host mom's son lives in Italy and does commentary for the Italian soccer games. It is really funny to watch the soccer games with my host family because occasionally I will get personam tidbits about their lives, example: 'One player was married to this woman and after 3 months she ran off with this other player, but now both guys play for the same team'
8. I have a class soon, so I have to go, but love and miss you all

2 comments:

dad said...

Laura - It was great to talk to you on Sunday. We are looking into cheaper calling plans so we can talk more. You might think about a standard calling time for us. Got your postcard! Thanks. How was the one in the river? That seemed like quite a defence. We are slowly consolidating all our visit plans, so see you on May. Say Bonjouri to your host parents for me. I'm working on the bagel issue. lave ya. dad

jeanne said...

bonjour, mon cheri! I had a wonderful comment composed, but then couldn't remember my password, aagghh!! I got your forwarded email about the FAFSA, but haven't gotten your end of year info yet, so haven't gotten very far. Those of us living vicariously through this site are craving more details- what does your host house look like? What is a typical day like? How is the food? Do they really eat dinner at 8 pm? Have you been to Paris yet? Any chance of pictures, pleeaasseee???!!!Any requests for your birthday?? mom xooxo